Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Turns - Gone EP


Turns are a relatively new band from Los Angeles.  To me their music sounds like Ride covering The Jesus and Mary Chain for a neo psychedelic compilation.  And they absolutely nail it.  In what I believe is the band's first official record, Shelflife Records has released the three track Gone EP as a digital release.  You also can pre-order a 7" vinyl version from Shelflife, or a cassette from Lolipop Records.  The label suggests that the band could easily slot in with the late '80s Creation Records roster, and I'm think it is an astute observation.  But regardless of the label you put on it, it is good stuff.  My favorite is the closer, "You'll See", so don't miss it because it will make me sad.  Turns is comprised of Marco Cortes (bass), Michael Eng (lead vocals/guitar), Johnny Toomey (drums), and Danny Winebarger (vocals/guitar).


Webpage
Facebook
Shelflife Records page for EP
Lolipop Records

No comments: