Friday, August 2, 2013

Friday Nuggets - The Defectors "It's Gonna Take Some Time"

I am writing this just before I leave for a trip to Denmark. Hey Danish readers - leave a comment here of what I should be sure to see beyond the obvious either in Copenhagen or around Fredericia.

So I went searching for Danish garage bands and came upon quite a bit going back all the way to the mid-'60's.

But the video that really grabbed me was by a more recent band, The Defectors, from Aarhus, Denmark's second largest city, well known for its vibrant arts scene.  And if the Defectors are any indicator, then that rep is well earned!

Here's "It's Gonna Take Some Time" from 2004:


The Defectors are known as the "Evil Fuzz Kings of Denmark", which clearly is a language we speak here at WYMA.

The Defectors web page. 
The Defectors Facebook page. 

No comments: