Monday, May 14, 2012

Duck Dunn - one more video

In 1985, Dunn backed Clapton on Behind the Sun, which was billed as Clapton's "comeback album" (it did feature more guitar than he had been playing in some time, and "Forever Man" did hit the charts as I recall), I remember going to the show in Atlanta... and honestly, I was as excited about seeing Dunn in person as I was about seeing Clapton. And it exceeded my expectations. Couldn't find any videos from Atlanta, but this is from the same tour:



And in addition to Steve Cropper's statement posted by JD earlier today, a touching statement from the leader of the MG's, Booker T Jones: "I've rarely had tears come so quickly." Those guys did some amazing things together. Everybody who enjoys rock music owes them a debt of gratitude.



No comments: